There are thousands of books you can buy detailing tips on how to improve your game of golf, but here are ten quotes from some great golf players and coaches.
- The most important shot in golf is the next one – Ben Hogan
- Many shots are spoiled at the last instant by efforts to add a few more yards – Bobby Jones
- Hit the shot you know you can hit, not the one you think you should – Bob Rotella
- Keeping the head still is golf’s one universal, unarguable fundamental – Jack Nicklaus
- Every golfer scores better when he learns his capabilities – Tommy Armour
- When it’s breezy, hit it easy – Davis Love, Jr
- Be decisive. A wrong decision is generally less disastrous than indecision – Bernhard Langer
- Never try a shot you haven’t practised – Harvey Penick
- Golf is 20 percent talent and 80 percent management – Ben Hogan
- Nobody ever swung a club too slowly – Bobby Jones
We thought we’d add more tip, and as it’s from one of the best golfers ever he can tell you himself.
Seve Ballesteros 1957 – 2011