SS Electrical Projects Sponsorship News | What Is Bluetooth Low Energy Lighting?
Welcome on Board SS Electrical Projects
We are thrilled to announce that SS Electrical Projects will be sponsoring our second event of the 2022 tour at St Annes Old Links.
Specialising in Bluetooth low energy lighting controls, SS Electrical projects are experts in installing Casambi lighting control systems after becoming one of only four UK certified commissioning partners in 2019.
Although specialising in Bluetooth low energy lighting controls, SS Electrical Projects designs, supplies and installs all elements of electrical systems too.
Happy to fulfil with any electrical installation task, ranging from small jobs, all the way through to major multidisciplined projects.
Bluetooth Low Energy Lighting Controls
So What Are Bluetooth Low Energy Lighting Systems?
It overcomes the drawbacks of communication protocols such as Wi-Fi and ZigBee, and it can be combined with other technologies to make smart lighting even smarter.
This means your entire smarting light system can adjust according to the current weather, the location of your car as it pulls up outside the front door, or the TV being switched on.
With smart lighting, the possibilities are endless.
What Are the Benefits of Using BLE for My Lighting System?
No Wires Necessary
BLE lighting controls drastically reduce deployment costs by eliminating the need to pull control wires, while also being more easily reconfigurable and flexible compared with wired systems. In addition to this, equipment can be placed where wired solutions would be problematic, if not impossible, due to distance restrictions or accessibility.
Lower Installation and Running Costs
Reduced labour and material costs, as well as minimal disruption to business operations during installation and ongoing maintenance, combine to save building owners and managers a lot of money, especially in retrofits.
Smart Lighting and Beacons
This is all possible using beacon technology, which can detect when a BLE device (any smartphone or smartwatch) enters or leaves the area around the beacon.
iBeacon is a type of beacon technology created by Apple which also enables location awareness possibilities for iOS apps.
Casambi has integrated iBeacon technology in all Casambi’s products, therefore any Casambi node can work as an iBeacon sender and, no additional investment needs to be done for these services.
No Single Point of Failure
Which BLE lighting Control System Should I Choose?
- Grouping – Grouping works with the same gestures as grouping apps in your smart device. After grouping, all the luminaires in the group can be controlled all together or the group can be opened for individual control.
Scenes – Different lighting situations for different occasions can be created. It is possible to control multiple luminaires with one tap to create the perfect ambience for different occasions and needs.
Animations – Animations are dynamic scenes, where it is possible for the lighting to fade from one scene to another scene. Animations can be recalled to cycle through different lighting situations once or they can be set on repeat.
Gallery – Users simply take photos of a space, or upload a floor plan to the app, and mark the positions of the luminaires. The images then appear in a gallery in the app, with luminaires shown, and users simply tap the one they want to control.
- Light Colour – A user can change the colour in a simple manner from the app and also save his/her favourite colours in a colour palette as well as adjusting the colour temperature.
- Daylight Sensor – The control solution allows dimming of artificial lighting when daylight is available for achieving maximum lighting quality and reduced energy consumption.
- Occupancy Sensor – The Casambi lighting control system supports movement sensors, also overlapping movement sensor information. Motion sensors can be used to save energy and only to have lighting on when it is actually needed.
- Control Hierarchy – The Casambi ‘Control hierarchy’ allows a co-operation between manual lighting controls (the app, switches and push buttons) and automated lighting controls (sensors and timers).
- Remote Access (Gateway) – With the gateway functionality, a Casambi network can be accessed remotely from anywhere.
- Scalability – The Casambi system is scalable and is suited equally well for small one room solutions as for big building complexes. The Casambi solution is based on networks and an unlimited amount of networks can be created.
- Synchronisation – The Casambi devices are smart on their own. All the intelligence is replicated in each node leaving no single point of failure – any unit can go offline and catch up from others when they return back online.
If you’re interested in getting your own BLE lighting control system or want to find out if it could work for you, get in contact with Steve Sewell from SS Electrical Projects at email@example.com.